Done deals

Aker Solutions, Alpine 4, Horizon Well Testing, CMR, Xsens, Dril-Quip, OilPatch Technologies, geoLOGIC Systems, Ideal Completions, Civica, Iron Mountain, Endless, Koch Industries, Infor, OpenText, Perficient, Pure Technologies, Schlumberger, Peak Well Systems, Read Well Services.

Aker Solutions has acquired 70% percent of Brazilian C.S.E. Mecânica e Instrumentação with an option on the remaining 30%. The acquisition gives Aker access to Brazil’s oil and gas field servicing market.

Alpine 4 Technologies has acquired Horizon Well Testing for $5.5 million.

Christian Michelsen Research (CMR) spin-off Xsens AS has raised NOK 25 million in venture capital funding from ProVenture and Investinor.

Dril-Quip has acquired The Technologies Alliance a.k.a. OilPatch Technologies for approximately $20 million cash.

GeoLogic Systems of Calgary has purchased Canadian Discovery’s well completions and frac database and related products, including its Direct Data Access add-on module and the Drilling Database. CDL retains access to the database and continues to develop related information products, data offerings and services.

Ideal Completions Group has acquired Cathedral Energy Services’ flowback and production testing assets in Canada and the US for $17.8 million. The acquisition was funded by management and ENR Partners LP.

IPL has been acquired by Civica and rebranded as Civica Digital.

Iron Mountain has entered the Middle East market with the purchase of a controlling Interest in Dubai-based Endless Document Storage.

Koch Equity Development, the investment arm of Koch Industries, is to invest over $2 billion in Infor. Koch’s cash will help Infor ‘continue to disrupt the enterprise applications industry.’ Infor’s offering uses Amazon Web Services to replace clients’ in-house data center infrastructure.

OpenText has bought Documentum from Dell/EMC in a $1.62 billion cash and paper deal.

Perficient has acquired RAS & Associates, a Denver-based provider of management consultancy to, inter alia, the oil and gas vertical.

Pure Technologies has acquired the business and related assets of E-MAC Corrosion in a $4.60 million cash and paper deal.

Schlumberger has acquired Peak Well Systems.

Read Well Services is to sell its shareholding in Read Cased Hole to Norwegian private equity unit Norvestor. Simmons & Co. advised on the deal.

Click here to comment on this article

Click here to view this article in context on a desktop

© Oil IT Journal - all rights reserved.