Done Deals

Wipro/SAIC, CGHVeritas/Petrodata, Clariant, Dawson, Frac Tech, IHS, KSS, TGS-Nopec ...

Wipro Technologies is to acquire SAIC’s Global Oil and Gas Information Technology Services Business for a cash consideration of $150 million. Some 1,450 employees will transition to Wipro around the world.

CGGVeritas has purchased Moscow-based static and dynamic reservoir modeling company Petrodata Consulting.

Clariant has acquired Saskatchewan, Canada-based oil services company Prairie Petro-Chem and will integrate it into the Clariant Oil Services business.

Dawson Geophysical has acquired TGC Industries in a $157 million paper deal.

Oil and gas remote camera technology specialist EV has secured £6 million investment from energy-focused private equity firm Lime Rock Partners.

A consortium including Maju Investments and RRJ Capital has acquired 70% of Frac Tech Holdings. Chesapeake holds the remaining 30%.

Harris Corp. has acquired Schlumberger’s Global Connectivity Services in a $397.5 million cash deal.

IHS has acquired ODS-Petrodata. Financial terms were not disclosed.

KSS Fuels is to acquire Market Planning Solutions.

TGS-Nopec has acquired Stingray Geophysical for approx. $80 million.

Total Safety has acquired ‘substantially all’ of the assets and business of Houston-based fire protection and safety services company Webb, Murray & Associates.

Mathematica developer Wolfram Research has acquired MathCore Engineering.

The Houston Technology Future Fund is to raise $100 million in venture funding for selected early-stage technologies in the fields of energy, IT and nanotech.

I/O has raised $105 million of growth capital. The investment was led by existing investor Sterling Partners, new investors managed by J.P. Morgan Asset Management and the I/O management.

Click here to comment on this article

Click here to view this article in context on a desktop

© Oil IT Journal - all rights reserved.