Done Deals

CGGVeritas, Fugro, Dresser, Johnson, Kappa, NetApp, RPS, AMEC, Teradata, Trellborg, more...

CGGVeritas has teamed with PT Elnusa on a marine seismic joint venture in the Asia Pacific region.

Reservoir Group has acquired Houston-based The Mudlogging Company.

Fugro has acquired subsea inspection, repair and maintenance provider TS Marine Group. Simmons & Co. represented Fugro in the transaction.

EMAS AMC, part of Ezra Holdings Group, has completed its acquisition of Aker Marine Contractors AS from parent Aker Solutions AS.

Dresser-Rand is to acquire Grupo Guascor SL for € 500 million including the assumption of approx. € 125 million debt. A ‘significant portion’ will be paid in stock.

Johnson Controls is to acquire EnergyConnect.

Kappa Engineering has acquired Grooviz SAS, developer of the ‘RealityLounge’ geoscience and engineering visualization systems.

Midas Medici Group (owner of UtiliPoint) has acquired data center provider Consonus Technologies. The transaction was paid for with approx. 5 million shares of Midas common stock.

NetApp is to acquire LSI Corp.’s Engenio external storage systems business for $480 million cash.

Geoscience and engineering training specialist Nautilus has joined RPS Group.

Shaw Group has acquired Coastal Planning & Engineering Inc. for approx. $26 million.

Siemens is to acquire Poseidon Group and Bennex Group from Subsea Technology Group AS.

AMEC has acquired project delivery specialist Qedi. Simmons & Co. represented Qedi in the transaction.

Teradata Corp. is to acquire Aster Data Systems’ business, IP and technology. Teradata acquired 11% of Aster last year and is to pay approx. $240 million for the remaining 89%.

Trelleborg is to acquire Veyance Technologies’ Brazilian unit for approx. SEK 40 million.

Weatherford stock dropped over 10% after the company announced that it would restate its financial statements and delay its annual report because of accounting problems. Weatherford said it expects that it will have to make a $500 million ‘adjustment’ to its financial statements and Q4 2010 earnings, for the period from 2007 to 2010.

Click here to comment on this article

Click here to view this article in context on a desktop

© Oil IT Journal - all rights reserved.